First configure a Comment Provider
Select File>>Choose Comments Provider…
We're doing this first because Sandvox will crash if you try to enable comments without having the provider set up (it actually crashes when you then go and try to choose the comments provider).
Select your desired comments provider
- I've selected Disqus (it's what I use on my site).
- Click the Register Site button and it'll take you to the registration page
You can choose to enter a shortname now or after the Registration step
DISQUS | Register site
Go through this for your site. As you can see, I already have a username and password. I didn't go through the next steps for this, but you should be able to figure it out.
Click the Done button to finish
This gives you a Blog collection and a first post
- Here's the blog collection. You're going to put additional Empty/Text items in this to create new posts.
- This is your first post. You can see the content at the right.
Set up your Blog Collection page by doing the following
- Select the Blog collection
- Click on the Inspector tool
- Click the second tab (Page) in the inspector tool
- Click the Collection choice on the sub-tab
- Check the Publish archives if you want people to be able to browse through old posts by month
Set up the behavior of the Blog collection summary by doing the following
- Click on the Blog 'content' area so that it's highlighted (that light blue border).
- Click the last tab (Titles & Summaries) in the Inspector
- This setting determins how many items you'll have on your 'blog' summary page. Default is 10.
- Click the Comments links checkbox, to enable comments.
- I move the Article Length to the right. That means my entire post will show up in the summary. You can experiment with this setting, if you like truncated summary posts that your readers need to click on to read the full content.
There are different layout options for the summary. The setting I've chosen will display the entire contents of a post in this 'Collection' page. Because it's a collection and we're showing 10 items, it'll show the 10 most recent posts (most recent at top).
Now Let's go add a post
With the Blog collection highlighted in the lefthand navigation panel, select New>>Empty/Text as shown below
Create your content on the page
You can do lots of stuff on this page. I typically blog with photos as well as text. Photos can be dragged right in from a finder window (they'll scale).