First step: select all the content (posts).
The Posts are at the top level. You can delete other pages that you've created in trying to get the blog to work
Make sure there's no content in the pages you're deleting.
With the home page selected, use the inspector to set the page name.
The home page is a collection already. We just need to make it behave like a blog collection
Click on Collection, and change the items to what you see here (or something similar).
- Sort by reverse date
- If you want to do an RSS feed, this is where to set it up.
- Publishing archives will give you the archive summary by month.
Now we see the Titles & Summaries show up. We have to fix the layout. You'll also want to fix the 'show at most' number.
- Click the layout tool
- Choose the Titles and articles (with full graphics). You can play with this setting to set up the blog as you would like.
Applying that should do it!
Now highlight a post. We'll want to remove it from the main menu
- Highlight a post.
- On the inspector, click the second icon.
- Select Page
- Uncheck 'Menu as:' selection.
Do it for all posts. Add a link for previous/next pages
- This is where you can add links for next/previous pages.
If you wanted to set up the site with a different home page (landing page) with a linked blog... you'd start by deleting the home page Titles and Summary collection.
If you highlight and delete this (don't right now!!!), your blog goes back to what it looks like before we did the configuration stuff. You'd then put a blog collection under the home page, move your posts under that, and add additional content at the home page level.